Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Back to it!

So it's been a really really long time since I've posted anything. I knew when I started the blog that it was likely to get abandoned ... and I better understand Job when he said "For the thing I greatly feared has come upon me, and what I dreaded has happened to me" (Job 3:25). I was afraid blog abandonment would happen ... and it did. :) 

But, we are about to embark on a great adventure! Our adventure recently got changed from Georgia ... to Alaska!

Since we won't see a lot of our friends and family as frequently, I decided I should get back in the habit of blogging so that we can keep everyone posted on life in lil' ol' Alaska!

We have three months until we get ready to hit the road/air to Ft. Wainwright ... and way too much to do to only have three months to do it! Physicals, packing, booking the flights and ferry, getting storage shipped from Colorado to here - and then shipping a car and household goods to Alaska, trying to get orders soon that we can get on the housing list, waiting for command sponsorship, preparing to live in a hotel for a month ... and all of the other fun things that come with Army life!!! It will definitely be an adventure ... but I know that this is where God has us or now and I can't wait to see what all He does during our Alaskan Adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment