Sunday, June 13, 2010

In the span ...

(I actually wrote this about a week and a half ago ... but I wasn't on a computer that had the pics, so this is just getting posted. :) )

So I know it's been a while since I've updated this blog ... but well, life has a way of keeping things moving at a hectic pace at times! But we've enjoyed (mostly) every bit of the ride! :)

We got to take a day to enjoy Six Flags with Dad and some friends - and had a blast! We're TOTALLY fans of the fast pass and getting to the fronts of lines ... makes me wonder if I need to work on my patience a bit more ... :)
Cain and Dad had a competition on seeing who could make the lights go the highest ... they both did great! :)
And Kassie and I got stuffed snakes out of it ... what could be better?! :)

We also got to go spend some time in NC ... and had an AWESOME time with Ma and Pa Schuler and Cain's grandparents!

Lots of:
Walking by the yachts

Catching fish/enjoying the fun of attempting to catch fish


Going to museums


Playing cards with the family

It was a great trip - even if the Delta adventure to get there wasn't as grand (we're discovering more and more that we're NOT fans of Delta ... and we like all things American! :) ).

Now we're getting ready for the Texas Republican State Convention (it comes every two years, during election year). During the last convention, Cain had just returned to Iraq from his leave and I was attending the Convention with a broken collar bone and broken pelvis (but I DID have "fashionable" slings for the occasion! ;) ). So I'm very grateful to have Cain here to experience this convention! And Kassie also gets to come with us and I'm pumped about that -- we always come away with numerous stories from our adventures! :) It should be an interesting time of "politicking" ... but I am putting LOTS of prayer into it already, as it could prove to hold "interesting" fights. 

With all the fast-paced "adventures" Cain and I face almost daily with our jobs and life in general, we both find that we have to work on our attitudes - towards people, but also towards incidents in general. I've been working on this for a long while, so have a bit of a head start on Cain. ;) We both get frustrated with dumb drivers, slow people in lines, incompetent people, slackers, lazy people who cause more work for others, etc. etc. etc. - you get the idea. :) But several months back (before the wedding, when I was frustrated by one thing after the other and nothing was being resolved), I said to myself, "In the span of eternity, does this REALLY matter???" And the answer was nope ... no it sure didn't ... at all. Was there anything I could do to change the outcome that I wasn't already doing? Could I make the people around me change? And even if I could, would they change with the attitude I was showing?! That was a definite no! :) So now, whenever Cain and I get frustrated - or are tempted - to feel annoyed or inconvenienced, we simply ask "In the span of eternity ..." Then we take a deep breath and move on. Sometimes we text it to each other ... and keep each other accountable for our attitudes throughout the day. When we were tempted to be frustrated at the airport in Atlanta (with the Delta delays), we reminded ourselves that in the span of eternity, waiting and being a couple of hours late wasn't that bad and we would survive. :) Because in the span of eternity, all that really matters is loving each other, loving Christ and sharing the love that He gives with those around us, and passionately pursuing Him - while avoiding the distractions that, in the span of eternity, really are that small.

No comments:

Post a Comment