Saturday, May 15, 2010

Random surprises are the best!

So I've been intending to - and trying to - update this blog ... and I have several drafts ... but inevitably it seems I get called away in the middle of it and then, well ... life happens! :)

We've been staying BUSY - with work, with friends, and with all the things that make life ... life! Cain's been working longer hours than normal, but has been doing a great job and has some awesome "future soldiers" under him! And we keep praying more good recruits in - so we know that they're coming! :) I've been staying busy with WallBuilders and will hopefully be pitching in with our friend LTC (Ret.) Brian Birdwell's campaign for state senate; he's in the runoff and we know he will do a GREAT job as a state senator - so we're doing what we can to help make sure that he gets there!


Earlier tonight (or rather, last night :) ), I was thinking that while things had been super busy, there hadn't been anything random that had happened lately - which was pretty rare for us (well, at least me!). And everyone knows the rule is that as soon as you think that, something will happen. And it did! :)

Around 11:30ish pm, Cain's phone rang ... and he was sound asleep. Since I was still awake :) , I  reached over for it and saw that it was Quinn (Cain's twin sister)! I answered ... and it disconnected. So I called her back and got the shock of my life when she said she was in Dallas and asked how far away we lived. Before I could say anything about her not calling to tell us she was going to be in town, she quickly explained that she wasn't even supposed to be here, but her flight home to Tucson had been diverted (I know there's a lesson in there about being being quick to listen, slow to speak ... but that's for a later post :) ). She said she was going to just stay at a hotel over there ... and I quickly explained that she was not and that I was on my way to get her! After my unsuccessful attempts to wake Cain (have I mentioned he's been busy??? and is really tired???), I headed to the airport! :) We're now back home and are caught up on the joys of Army life and the life of a reporter ... and are wishing that Continental would let her catch up on real life by  answering their phone ... but apparently they were getting too many calls ... so they aren't answering any. That's always a good solution ... I think they picked it up from the government ... or vice versa ... :) When we got home, Cain woke up - and had the biggest shock he's had in quite a while (we're pretty sure he thought he was dreaming at first).

(Maybe it's clear that this isn't from 2am, but I  like it nonethenless :) )

Now I think it's time to catch some quick shut-eye before heading back to the airport, then to Joplin for some possible mudding and celebrating a dear friend's birthday!!! But I'm grateful for random surprises that are of the BEST kind and we're glad Quinn came for a visit - even if she wasn't planning on it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment